APL is pleased to announce the launch of the Young Art 2022 competition organized by the Royal College of Art. Through the APL, students from the Moyenne Section to Terminale of LFCG are all invited to participate.
This prestigious competition, in which many colleges and schools in the UK participate, takes place every year (except for 2021 due to the pandemic situation). The theme proposed by RCA this year is: “LOOKING OUT“.
Each year, APL receives many outstanding artworks from LFCG students and the works selected by the RCA will be exhibited in the premises of the Royal College of Art from April 26th to 29th, 2022.
This competition is also organized to support a cause – the entry fee for each student (£2) is donated to UCL, Institute of Child Health Great Ormond Street Hospital for research purposes.
Finally, the works that have not been selected by the RCA in April will form part of a second round of competition organized by the APL held within LFCG, with the participation of a jury. The winners will be rewarded and their works will be presented on the APL website.
How to participate?
– The competition is open to all LFCG students from the Moyenne Section to Terminale
– Each participant must submit an original work on the theme “LOOKING OUT”
– The works must be of A4 format (for primary school) and up to A3 format (for secondary school)
– Materials which can be used are: oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, pencil or ink; only original works are accepted; no photographs or computer generated images and no text on the image; collages are not encouraged but may be accepted at the discretion of the judges; no glitter at all and no canvas or cardboard until 4ème.
– The works must be physically delivered to the school secretary (in primary) or to la vie scolaire of the student’s level (in secondary) no later than Monday January 17th, 2022 (EXTENDED)
– A completed entry form, with the entry fee of £2 in cash taped to it (for the benefit of UCL, Institute of Child Health Great Ormond Street Hospital), must be attached to the back of each work
– Consult the competition rules here.
The winners of the Young Art competition and the second competition round will be notified by the APL.
We hope that many of your children will participate!
The APL Committee Art Competition team